- To inculcate sports culture among the people of all walks of life and educates the people about the importance of sports to build a healthy society.
- To develop and strengthen the marketing of sports in a professional way to make the sports organizations at national, state and district level self-sufficient to implement their sports developmental schemes such as talent identification and nurturing and holding competition.
- To bring awareness about the necessity for creating the sports infrastructure of international specifications for raising the standard of Indian sports among the states as well as the public.
- To attract the youth in large numbers for participation in sports activities.
- To improve the organizational skills of the sports administrators for staging the International multidiscipline games in India.
- To provide avenues to the persons associated with sports to acquire the latest skills in sports administration and technical developments of the discipline concerned.
- To enable the persons associated with sports to acquire the latest interpretations on the technical rules and regulations of the discipline concerned and their correct application during competition situation.
- To take up activities and make investments through various implementing agencies/ line departments of the state government leading to: -
a). Creation of sports infrastructure of International standard for National Games.
b). Improvement of existing sports infrastructure in Kerala.
c). Strengthening the sports policy framework and improving State Government’s long-term capacity for strategic sports planning.
- To construct new sports infrastructure for conduct of National Games.
- To upgrade the existing sports infrastructure in Kerala especially Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi and Kozhikode.
- To procure all types of sports equipments in consultation with state sports associations and National Federations.
- To draw up extensive skill up gradation and talent scouting programmes for sports persons and new talents in consultation with state association and National Federations.
- To develop accommodation facilities for the participants and officials of National Games in a planned and phased manner.
- To make all arrangements for the smooth conduct of the National Games as per schedule.
- To act as an interface between the stakeholders viz Government of Kerala, Government of India, Indian Olympic Association (IOA), Kerala Olympic Association (KOA), Kerala State Sports Council and National Federations.
- To undertake all activities that may be necessary for implementation of National Games, particularly for the achievement of the objectives referred to in clause-3 above.
- To create duly empowered management mechanism, through participation of various government departments and autonomous institutions including NGOs, State Associations, Indian Olympic Association etc. as may be deemed necessary for achievement of objectives of the 35th national Games Secretariat.
- To undertake innovative initiatives in areas related to architectural details and project monitoring of various sorts of infrastructure projects.
- To take suitable and experienced technical, administrative and office personnel in the National Games Secretariat on deputation subject to following the procedures laid down by the State Government.
- To make rules and regulations for conduct of activities of the National Games Secretariat and it affiliates.
- To accept grants of money, securities of property and to undertake/accept management of any endowment consistent with the objectives of the National Games Secretariat.
- To prepare periodic reports, monthly, quarterly and annual accounts of the National Games Secretariat.
- To purchase, hire, take on lease, exchange or otherwise acquire property both movable and immovable, in pursuance of objectives of National Games Secretariat with the prior approval by the Government.
- To commit expenditure as received from Government or any other source in pursuance of objectives of National Games Secretariat.
- To take all such actions, including those not mentioned above, as may be necessary for or incidental to achievements of National Games Secretariat’s objectives.
An Executive Committee has also been formed in this regard to bring about overall co-ordination among various implementing agencies to monitor progress of implementation of different projects relating to the 35th National Games. Eminent personalities both from the official side and sports fraternity have been nominated to the Executive Committee of the National Games Secretariat acting under the overall guidance of the Governing Body.